On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:33:21 +0200, Ryan Viljoen wrote:

> Now from what I understand all usb devices ie: digital cameras (sony
> cyber shots), flash drivers etc should show up as ub* for udev. While
> sd* is from devfs. When I ls /dev there are no ub* nodes :(

Devices show up the same under udev as devfs. ub* devices are those using
the now (and slower) USB block device driver. However, you can set rules
to change the device names allocated by udev, see
http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php

--
Neil Bothwick

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.