On 6/13/05, Zac Medico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> These 2 sections of the CUPS manual are relevant:
>
> http://localhost:631/sam.html#CLIENT_SERVER
> http://localhost:631/sam.html#CLIENT_AUTO
>
> Zac

Hi Zac,
   First, as always, thanks!

   OK, in reading through these two secions it seems that these are
for making the printer which resides on the machine 'Christmas'
visible by other machines primarily on the same subnet. Correct?

   I'm trying to get it going using an ipp address for the server but
so far the printer doesn't budge and the client says the printer is
busy. Possibly I have a port blocked ro something like that? The
server is an FC2 machine. (The last one in the hosue. If that's the
problem it will be Gentoo in a few days!)

Thanks,
Mark