Thanks for hanging in there with me, Richard
> Anyway, back to grub.  2 things.
> upgrade to 0.96, repeat
If I could setup ppp on the sempron box it would be
much simpler. But pppconfig is not on the 2005.0 pkg
CD. I managed to set it up on the k6(2004.3)box
alright and it sure came in handy. IIRC I simply
downloaded the files emerge called for on another
machine. Then I used it to wget the tarball that
emerge -av, on the sempron box, says it needs,
pppconfig-2.3.9, and copied it to a floppy. I put that
in /usr/portage/distfiles on the sempron box but
emerge continues to ask for it.