Hi,
I installed a fresh ~x86 system on the wife's laptop, it runs fine
(pretty much only thing that would install) and there is only one
annoying problem - after grub gets told to boot linux (either through
timeout or hitting enter) it takes *ages* (~45 seconds) for the dots to
run and finally get onto the kernel. Does anyone know why this might be?
Should I just go with what I know and install lilo?
I went with genkernel (and the livedisk hardware profile) to avoid
having to find out all the hardware - is this the problem?
Cheers
Antoine