On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 01:12:30 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:

> Yeah, partimage is nice the way that it skips empty blocks.  Can it
> clone directly from one partition to another or is an intermediate file
> required?

It appears to want a file, but I imagine you could use /dev/stdin and /
dev/stdout as the files and pie one invocation into the other. Something
like

partimage -z0 -o -b -d -V0 save /dev/hda1 /dev/stdout | \
    partimage -b restore /dev/hdc1 /dev/stdin

As the target drive is empty, there's nothing to lose by trying.

--
Neil Bothwick

"Woody, I said TUCK the children in bed!" --Mia Farrow