On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Anthony Philipp wrote:
Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue. I assume this is the
correct place to ask questions. I was emerging
app-text/docbook-sgml-utils from version 0.6.12 to version 0.6.14. I
was doing this during an emerge -uDav world. Here is the build error
I got.

------------

SGML_SEARCH_PATH=../..:../../doc:.. \
       jade -t sgml -i html -d ../../docbook-utils.dsl\#html \
                        -V '%use-id-as-filename%'
                        ../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml
                        jade: error while loading shared libraries:
                        libosp.so.3: cannot open shared object file:
                        No such file or directory
                        make[2]: *** [api.html] Error 127
                        jade: error while loading shared libraries:
                        libosp.so.3: cannot open shared object file:
                        No such file or directory

The last three lines above are the big clue -- jade won't run because of
a missing shared library.  Since this 'make' process wants to use jade,
that problem causes the entire build to fail.

What happened is that opensp (where libosp comes from) got upgraded, and
jade has not yet been rebuilt to account for that.  Simply run 'emerge
openjade' and that problem will be solved.  Then you can run your
'emerge -uDav world' again, and it at least won't fail because of this.

Regards,
Lance Jacobs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]