Mark Knecht wrote:
[huge snip...]

>(I'm neither a
>programmer or IT person. I'm a guitar player using Linux for music,
>email, web browsing and TV watching.) For someone like me it was a bit
>trying for all the nice people here to teach me but the folks here are
>like no others I've met on any list. Very, very, very helpful folks
>who share a huge amount of knowledge in a completely open way. I've
>learned a lot. I only screw up once a day now. ;-)
>
>- Mark
>
>Cheers,
>Mark

Cheers. :-)
I'm kind of both (guitar player and developer)
Could you elaborate on the tools you use for music ?
I've heard a huuuuge lot about cakewalk, protools, etc., but
don't know _anything_ about mixing and so on.. myself, especialy, i haven't
heard about any open source tool in that field.
I'd like to record my(poor)self so I can learn.
Thanks in advance,
Maxime