Hi all.

When I attempt to create a new file in Nautilus it gives me an inactive
"No templates installed" and a usable "Empty file" option underneath.
How would I go about creating a template that I could use here? I've
looked through the Nautilus help files and did a quick Google search and
could not find the answer. :-( (I found one page that says you can drop
documents in Nautilus's templates directory, but trying to open
"templates:///" in Nautilus simply gives me an error message saying that
it could not be found.

For example, I'm working on a project for myself in PHP and was
wondering if there was a way to create a template (i.e., with a
commented header and opening/closing PHP tags) so that I could easily
create new files for the project without having to recreate the header
and footer information and whatnot. I also would like to have a similar
setup with documents for school, so I could create a new AbiWord
document, for example, which contained a header with my name, the class,
the document title, etc.

Thanks for your time and input. :-)
--
()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
/\  vCards, and proprietary formats.