Stefano Guglia schreef:
> hello!
>
> I need to emerge mplayer and mythtv without x, framebuffer only. How can I
> pass --without-x and other options to ./configure during emerge process?
> (-x in USE flag does not work: 'emerge mplayer' still needs xorg...)
>
> thanks..
> Stefano.

Just to get the obvious out of the way, the USE flag is "X" (uppercase),
not "x" (lower case).

Was that a typo? It should work with -X set in either /etc/make.conf or
/etc/portage/package.use (for mPlayer only).

You'd probably also want "+fbcon"--

 useflag fbcon
/usr/portage/profiles/use.desc:fbcon - Adds framebuffer support for the
console, via the kernel

... and of course you'd want an appropriate framebuffer driver compiled
into your kernel, and the modules for said framebuffer device loaded.

Hope this helps,
Holly