Thank you all for the replies!!

I think this little experience improved my knowledge and I'm starting to see the kernel as something not so scary :)
Having said that.. I have to recompile it again.. can't manage to start alsa (I didn't built it in the kernel as the HOWTO said to), and the same with pcmcia cards support!

Cheers,
Fernando.

On 6/23/05, A. Khattri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Ryan Viljoen wrote:

> Yes it is the current one assuming you save the .config file when
> exiting.

Except when starting with a fresh new kernel.

What I do is copy a working .config over to the new kernel and run "make
oldconfig" before doing the usual "make menuconfig", etc.