Alle 06:03, venerdì 24 giugno 2005, Rafael Dantas de Castro ha scritto:
> that's strange, what kind of hardware do you use?

PINNACLE TV RAVE with a serial cable ir sensor

> well, a problem I had was I had serial support compiled in the
> kernel, so the lirc driver couldn't use it. Try using setserial to
> release it (I don't recall the exact command, but it's somewhere in
> lirc's docs) and only then load lirc.

The setserial service works.... I think that! And the kernel has the
serial support... With the old MB I used the remote control... And the
kernel is almost the same!
In the BIOS the serial support is enabled.

> Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but /dev/lircd is a way for the
> client programs to connect to the lirc daemon, it shouldn't be a link
> to the serial port. The lirc driver(what I thought was only a kernel
> module, or compiled in) should create /dev/lirc/0 or /dev/lirc0, and
> you should run lircd with that as the parameter. Also, mode2 doesn't
> need lircd, it reads signals directly from the lirc driver
> (/dev/lirc0 or /dev/lirc/0),

Lirc creates a lirc device that it is a soft link to the serial port, I
think that it is correct for my hardware...
Luigi

--
Public key GPG(0x073A0960) on http://keyserver.linux.it/