Richard Fish wrote:
Rob wrote:

I'm kind of lost, since the segmentation viololation is quirky,
showing up at different steps in the rescue process.  I also during
using the i683 stage 3 tarball, ,that I ended up missing many import
files, like emerge, etc.  I am kind of lost, because I haven't
discerned a pattern to the appearance of the fault.  Perhaps I will
catalogue the points of failure and post them to the list, so someone
with more expertise can see pattern in the faults that I do not have
the experience of seeing.

Also be sure to post your CFLAGS.  Most 'quirky' segmentation faults are
due to bad hardware or silly optimization flags.

-Richard

CFLAGS are only -o -pipe