I used to use rdiff-backup, I found it very satisfactory. But at one
point I had a hard drive melt down, tried to do restore, mucked it up,
ended up doing a full rebuild, pulling in configuration info from the
backup files. There has to an easier way.

Any suggestions on using rdiff-backup for a cold iron restore??

Bill Roberts