On 6/29/05, Bruno Lustosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How can I make sure that when I upgrade, packages like evolution and
> epiphany (along with mozilla) won't get installed? Is there a (clean)
> way to prevent them from being installed?
> They seem to be tied to gnome, but as I don't use them, I have no need
> to waste time compiling any of them.

Err.. never mind. I managed to do it by unmerging gnome and emerging
gnome-light.
However, isn't there a way to force portage to ignore a dependency?
Perhaps /etc/portage/package.depends, or something like that?

--
Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora          | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477