Hi,
   I'm interested in using Ingo Molnar's realtime-preempt kernel
patches with a Gentoo kernel. I already use them with a Kernel.org
kernel but would prefer to one day see these be part of what Gentoo
supplies. This morning I did a --dry-run and see some messages like
this:

patching file Makefile
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.rej
patching file arch/arm/mach-pxa/corgi_ssp.c
patching file arch/i386/Kconfig
<SNIP>
patching file arch/mips/Kconfig
patching file arch/mips/kernel/Makefile
<SNIP>
patching file drivers/video/console/fbcon.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1091.
drivers/video/console/fbcon.c.rej
patching file drivers/video/console/vgacon.c

QUESTIONS:

1) Can I assume that whatever happened with the "Hunk #x succeeded"
that everything is OK? Maybe this was just a line number issue?

2) What can I do about the "Hunk #x FAILED" messages?

No output files were created since it was only a dry run. I can run
again, get output files, and then look into it but I thought I'd ask
how folks go about this sort of thing before I pulled the trigger.

Thanks,
Mark