On 7/8/05, cothrige <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * Rumen Yotov ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > Maybe rebuilding "mplayer" through portage will have the same result.
> > Think you could have a look at 'revdep-rebuild' (man revdep-rebuild).
> > HTH. Rumen
>

> Nope.  Didn't work.  But, I did notice that when I run it I get a
> string of "... supported but disabled." statements at the
> beginning. MMX, SSE, MMX2 and so on.  This causes me to wonder, is
> there a way to adjust the configure options in emerge?  ...

Yes, USE-flags.

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=2

To see which USE flags mplayer uses:

$ emerge -pv mplayer

enable them by adding them to the global USE in '/etc/make.conf'
or add a line to '/etc/portage/package.use'.
See the portage man pages for more information:

$ man portage

/Andreas