On 7/8/2005 3:51 PM Mark Knecht wrote:

Hi Drew,
  emerge -s bacula shows only one emerge candidate. Looks liek you
have to build them both through portage.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Thank you and Andrew MacKenzie for your replies. I found this site on the web:

http://www.gentoo-portage.com/app-backup/bacula

It seems to me that the newer 1.36.3 & -r1 ebuilds include a USE flag that will build just the client. I've added the appropriate "~x86" flag in /etc/portage/package.keywords to get version 1.36.3-r1. Then I added the following line in /etc/portage/package.use:

app-backup/bacula client-only

This seems to do it as emerge -pv confirms portage sees the flag:

app-backup/bacula-1.36.3-r1 +X +client-only -gnome +mysql +ncurses -postgres +readline -sqlite -static +tcpd

Thanks again!

Drew