Can someone remind me what it means when you just
get millions of GRUBs scrolling up the screen.

Came back from a few days away and my box was locked up.
Rebooting gets me the GRUB menu but which ever kernel
I selected started to boot then scrolled up reams of very
nasty looking messages. Sounded like a hardware fault.

So I reseated the memory, CPU, all connectors, and pulled out
the CMOS battery for a few minutes. Rebooted, let the BIOS
memory test run for a while, went into the BIOS setup, reset
to factory defaults, did a "reset configuration data".

Now on boot I just get the continuous scrolling GRUBs. I've
seen it before but I can't remember what it means....

Jim