On July 13, 2005 02:47 pm, Richard Fish wrote:
> Not quite, its an initramfs.  Slightly different rules apply for
> initramfs vs initrd, so you also have to remove the "initrd" line
> from grub if you want to eliminate it.

So if I understand correctly something like:

title  Gentoo linux (update)
 root (hd0,0)
 kernel /kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.12-gentoo-r4 root=/dev/hda11
init=/linuxrc video=vesafb:[EMAIL PROTECTED] splash=verbose

should produce desired results (i.e. bootable system)?
If yes - I've got quite a few error messages about missing symbols in
kernel modules on boot :( But I've tries so many combinations already
that it could've been attributed to other changes I've made. So I'll
try it again and come back if problem persists (or if you'll tell me
my assumptions are wrong).

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator