On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 10:53 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 22:48 -0400, daniel wrote:
> > On July 12, 2005 05:12 am, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > > Why doesn't mplayer let me compile with win32codecs? It doesn't pull
> > > down win32codec as a dependency and having that USE flag in the CLI as
> > > well as on make.conf doesn't make a difference.
> > >
> > > I still can't get "-win32codecs" to "+win32codecs"
> > >
> > > Comment?

FWIW, if you haven't worked this out yet :) USE flag masking is
controlled by use.mask, which is a standard stackable profile file; as
with package.mask, the masked USE flags are generated by combining
use.mask from all the directories in the profile stack; but unlike
package.mask, which is counteracted by package.unmask, the way to
re-enable USE flags is to delete them from the use.mask profile stack by
entering them in a later-processed use.mask file with a "-" before.

So, what you would do in this case is:

echo "-win32codecs" >> /etc/portage/profile/use.mask

(make sure /etc/portage/profile exists, yada yada.) Again: the - at the
beginning of the line instructs portage to *remove* "win32codecs" from
the list of masked USE flags generated by merging the use.mask profile
stack. Compare e.g. /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/use.mask.

HTH,

Ed