I have tried shfs ( a kernel module allowing the reomote mount of
filesystems over ssh) in the past but over less than perfect connections
had file system corruption.

Lately I am using WebDav (via davfs or cadaver), both running on my own
server, and mounting other systems I have access to onto my laptop as I
move around with good success.  Gentoo's implementation of davfs is
clunky and problematic to manage (interfacing with fstab, having to kill
a process after unmounting), but it works reliably.

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Home!