On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:04:29 -0400, fire-eyes wrote:

> I am using rdiff-backup for my full system backups. Of course, it would
> be annoying if I had to use it to do a full restore. I would need a
> LiveCD with rdiff-backup on it.

You wouldn't, unlress you needed to recover older versions of files. The
current versions can be restored with cp, which I'm fairly sure the
LiveCD includes.

There's a thread on the forums on bulding a LiveCd that I found very
useful. I use this to build the system I need and use squashfs to
archive the backups. then I write the whole lot to a DVD (make sure you
have the squashfs stuff enabled in the Live kernel). then I can boot from
the DVD, mount a backup of a filesystem and copy the stuff back.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-244837-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-hal-start-0.html

--
Neil Bothwick

I locked my coathanger in my car; good thing I had a key.