Hello

Philip Webb wrote:

My question to anyone who can advise is this:
do I just unplug the CRT & plug in the LCD ?  will it work so simply ?
If not, what more is needed ?

I looked at the Gentoo forum, wiki & dox, but found nothing to help.

The horysontal sync and vertival refresh rates aren't likely
to be the same, so you'll have to adapt your current xorg.conf
I've read a few times that wrong values can harm your screen
(but never seen it happen) so be careful.

Or you can use 'xorgconfig' and answer the questions step by step.
I did this on a 17'' dell TFT at work and it worked first try.

Good luck
Maxime