Shawn Haggett wrote:

If a package needs to send mail it requires that there be a package installed that can do it. If you don't have anything installed this will default to ssmtp. However you *SHOULD* be able to to simply unmerge it, then emerge sendmail and it will work. If you are worried about it breaking things, just try a:
emerge -Duvp world

Thanks, it works. I unmerged ssmtpd, and emerged sendmail.
No complaining about dependencies broken...

I'm rather new to this "portage-world", and I've lost track of all
softwares I installed. Can portage somehow list all packages which
have been installed?

Jarry