Joseph wrote:
Finally I was able to emerge KDE, it really took a lot of time.
Though, looking at the motherboard's ASUS A8V IRQ setting:
They put a lot of devices on IRQ5:

skge - network controller
libata - I think this is sata ATA controller
ethci_Hcd:usb2, usb2
VIA8237 - sound ship

No wonder I'm having problem (and some others) with Sata Drive, if it is
sharing an IRQ with so many devices.  In comparison IDE controller have
all their own IRQ's  Primary IRQ 14 and Secondary IRQ 15

Great! So, did you physically remove the sata drive?  The sata drivers are
still enabled though?  The ouput from dmesg should give you an idea what
drivers the kernel is actively using.

Zac

No, I still have the same Sata Drive is just I'm playing with IRQ
assignment and configuration.
I've changed to BIOS PnP to YES, so my skge (network controller) and
libata (Sata Controller are shifted to  IRQ 10

But it makes me wonder both controllers on the Motherboard are different
chips, so why do they share IRQ?  Is there a way to shift them to a
different IRQ since Linux control IRQ assignment now?

A quick look through linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt shows that many
drivers support direct irq assignment.  Also, linux/Documentation/pnp.txt may
be of use.

Considering the positive results that you've gotten so far, it seems like you
may be on the right track here.  It makes me less concerned about any possible
overheating, but if you wanted to be paranoid about it, you could get another
heat probe to double check the readings from the first one ;-).

Zac