On Tuesday 30 March 2010 01:57:05 dan blum wrote:
> If one tries to modify the ebuild and test a change, the system issues a
> file size error. How do you get around that?

ebuild /path/to/ebuild/file.ebuild manifest

explanation: man ebuild

However, your next --sync will revert your change. Copy the ebuild to your
private overlay and modify it there to preserve your changes.

More details: portage documentation gotten via:

equery files portage | grep man

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com