Dale wrote:

OK. I went back to k3b and tried to burn a Gentoo install disc which is a iso image. This is what it gives when I do that.

< SNIP >

This appears to be using cdrecord.  Any ideas?  Should I shoot it?  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)

OK. I thought I would try some different versions of software and see what happens. With the info Neil provided about what does what, I thought I would try a different version of cdrtools. I went to a older version and it worked fine on the first try with my backup file. It is as I type burning the second DVD with no errors yet. I'm using cdrtools-2.01.01_alpha57-r1 at the moment. Maybe this will work.

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S.  Watch it blow a gasket on the next burn.  ;-)