On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 07:28:00PM -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> writes:

> >> HAL is deprecated and will not be supported in X anymore,  so it's not
> >> the "new" way ;)
> >
> > Well, its just not the NEWEST way.  But what is the newest (post hal)
> > way?   And will the xorg.conf technique work anyway?
>
> I should have mentioned that after posting the OP, I discovered I've
> had that stanza in xorg.conf for mnths... I forgot I had taken it from
> a post by Florien P., but I do not get the use of Ctrl+alt+bkspk to
> quit X.
>
> I guess it works for you though eh, Mick?

Works here (either in xorg.conf or in fdi files if let X use hal).
If you set up a keyboard layout in kde / gnome, it may be possible that
it resets the xkb options... though you seem to have the layout set in
xorg.conf, so that it seem improbable that you use the gnome/kde
layout configuration...

yoyo