Dale,

Your fix worked, so far so good. Previously, I tried setting the time from KDE
and using the date function and both were overridden on re-boot. One would
think that either one of these functions would override the factory presets.

I see 'date' is a binary file. Does kde also use this function to change its
time and date? Where would one find the source package for 'date'?

Dan