On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 01:01:00 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > > Is there any way to find out in which order services are
> > > started during boot-up (except for looking at boot-up
> > > screen and making notes)?
> >
> > You could turn on boot logging in rc.conf and look at
> > /var/log/rc.log.
>
> I think Jarry wanted to know what to tweak to change the order. I
> wanted to know this as well not long ago, but I didn't have the energy
> to chase it. (I wanted gpm to be started earlier in the sequence but
> without putting it in the boot run level.)

If he did, that's not what he asked. You change the order by adding
before/after statements to the scripts in /etc/init.d. I believe with
openrc you can have a similar effect by setting rc_after or rc_before in
the corresponding file in /etc/conf.d. I've never tried this but it is
documented in /etc/rc.conf.

--
Neil Bothwick

IBM: Itty Bitty Mentality