On 27.04.2010 05:19, Grant wrote:
> I've been advised to harden my SSL in the following ways:
>
> 1. disable SSL 2.0

Agreed.  There is no need to support SSL 2.0 anymore.

> 2. disable use of SSL ciphers which offer either weak or no encryption

For maximum compatibility, support AES, RC4 and 3DES (and up).  There is
no need to support weaker ciphers.

> 3. disable anonymous SSL ciphers

Correct.  There is no need except in emergencies (actual
interoperability problems with mandatory TLS destinations).  But it
should be the default anyway.

In general, try to
* use a private key that is at least 2048 bits long
* do not offer ciphers below 128 bits
* do not support SSLv2
* do not offer anonymous Deffie Hellmann (ADH)
* generate new keys for each certificate (do not reuse keys)
* support/offer TLS 1.0 and better

--
Eray