Helmut Jarausch wrote:
On 29 Apr, Stroller wrote:
On 28 Apr 2010, at 15:27, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
Why do you need to bypass CUPS?
Thanks, it's just for debugging.

Printing some pdf files with acroread makes some printers
hang here.
To locate the problem source, I'd like to check if the printer
works if it gets the postscript or pdf-file (there printer is assumed
to accept postscript level 3).
Have you tried using `lpr` at the command line?

I *believe* something like `lpr /path/to/file.pdf` should work.

Thanks, but lpr is just a front-end for cups.

I tried that here and got a error. It may be a bad setting on my end but it didn't like the idea.

r...@smoker ~ # lpr /data/pdf/LivingWill.pdf
lpr: Unsupported format 'application/pdf'!
r...@smoker ~ #

Dale

:-)  :-)