Hi there!

I just migrated a friend's machine to ~am64. Everything was updated, but
after a reboot some partitons are not found. No wonder, there are no
/dev/sd? devices, only /dev/sg?. I suspect the problem is udev, because
that was updated. Root is encrypted, so this machine makes use of an
initramfs. At that point, all devices are found, so the system comes up,
but later mounting of data partitions fails due to the missing devices.

Any idea what the cause is? I will try to downgrade udev and see what
happens. I have to wait for my friend to arrive here though, because I do
not know the LUKS password. So I thought I'd ask here first, maybe someone
knows this problem.

        Wonko