On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, Paul Hartman wrote:

Use the --tree option in your emerge commandline so it will show which
packages are trying to pull in these.

I am using the -t flag - that's what I pasted earlier.

It looks like you're using
stable, I'm on ~amd64 and don't have these blocks so maybe it's
something worked out by newer versions.

This is a ppc machine...

On the other hand, if you have
unmasked any unstable packages maybe they're trying to pull in the
conflictiong versions?

I have practically nothing unmasked (just gnomeprint so unrelated).

I have ffmpeg, libraw and libdc1394 unmerged, so its not clear what's pulling them in. You can see the "N" showing that they're new installs.