On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com <mailto:
>> michaelkintz...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    On Wednesday 12 May 2010 21:21:25 Dale wrote:
>>    > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>>
>> <snippage>
>>

>    > > As I think I explained, I have re-emerged *everything*
>>    installed that
>>    > > had "x11" or "xorg" in its name.  And the mouse driver was
>>    definitely
>>    > > there.
>>    >
>>    > That usually works so I'm clueless.  I assume the mouse works
>>    somewhere
>>    > else?  I think you mentioned it working somewhere so I'm out of
>>    ideas.
>>

>>    Sorry to persist, but the drivers usually have "xf86-*" in their
>>    name not
>>    "x11" or "xorg", e.g. xf86-input-evdev.
>>
>>    (The category of those packages is of course x11-drivers/ ; i.e. x11-
>>    drivers/xf86-input-evdev)

Yes, so I picked up all of those driver files on account of the x11.

>    Other than that could it be a udev issue and some permanent rule
>>    for a USB
>>    type of mouse, which you should remove and restart udev?  Don't
>>    know, just an
>>    idea.

There's not much there, and none of it is anything I put there.  The files
are
treat rules.d # wc *
     3     12    174 10-virtualbox.rules
     1      3     44 30-svgalib.rules
   149    691   8415 55-hpmud.rules
    13     41    495 56-hpmud_support.rules
    26     54   1104 64-device-mapper.rules
  1062   5588 136720 70-libgphoto2.rules
    23    105   1799 70-persistent-cd.rules
    10     55    490 70-persistent-net.rules
     2      9     83 90-hal.rules
  1289   6558 149324 total

And the word "mouse" does not appear in any of them.  I'll do as you suggest
-- drop then reemerge udev.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD