On 6/2/10, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> smoker-new ~ # smartctl -l selftest /dev/hdb
> smartctl version 5.38 [i686-pc-linux-gnu] Copyright (C) 2002-8 Bruce Allen
> Home page is http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/
>
> === START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
> SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
> Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining
> LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
> # 1  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%
> 1038         -
> # 2  Short offline       Completed without error       00%
> 1037         -
> # 3  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%
> 1075         -
> # 4  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%
> 305         -
> # 5  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%
> 660         -
> # 6  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%
> 213         -
> # 7  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%
> 687         -
> # 8  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%
> 686         -
> # 9  Extended offline    Completed without error       00%
> 629         -

I was thinking about smartctl -A attributes table (or just plain -a
for all), which might've showed a great number of sector relocations
or other internal I/O-related issues.

But this report raises another question: why aren't the reported
lifetimes in an ascending list? They jump back and forth.

--
Arttu V.