On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> Does anyone else notice a serious mess when copy/pasting to firefox.
> Some other places too.

With Firefox, I can only paste things that were copied after the
program was started. If I copy a link (say, from an e-mail) and then
open firefox to paste it, it won't work. However, if I copy or choose
that text from the history in Klipper once Firefox is running, then I
can paste it no problem... As far as I can remember, it has always
been this way with Firefox, Seamonkey, Thunderbird and their friends.
(I use KDE) I have not seen corruption like you're describing, though.

As far as copy/paste methods, I've always favored ctrl-insert to copy
and shift-insert to paste. :)

And back in my OS/2 days I think they had left-right click to copy and
right-left click to paste? Something like that. It was handy.