Hi there,

The only thing that I can imagine that may be causing something like this is
the portage profile that you are using...

Now, I am assuming that your Gentoo installation is based on an older
"release", and
based upon that assumption, the question is: Have you updated to a
more recent  profile?

If this is the case, there is documentation available at:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml

HTH

- AR

On 7/25/05, Benjamin Grauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi - Since some time now i tried to re-emerge a new Version of the
> gentoo sources
>
> earlier in this year i just emerged the gentoo-dev-sources, and it
> worked perfectly, but since the change of the 2.6 kernel to the
> gentoo-sources-ebuild, i don't seem to be able to emerge any version
> above 2.4.X
>
> also i do not see, what use-flags could affct this, since on my laptop i
> have the same ones, and there it works with gentoo-sources
>
> hopefully, there is someone out there, that encountered the same problem...
>
> greetings
>     Benjamin Grauer
>
> --

If the truth can't set you free, a lie will save you.