And again, I had already written an answer to your last posting, but then
my dreaded mouse problem in KDE4 happened again, and I forgot to save the
mail as draft before logging out and in again.

Mick writes:
> On Tuesday 22 June 2010 19:34:19 you wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 June 2010 19:03:00 Mick wrote:

> > > Hmm I remerged nspluginwrapper and FF plays flash fine now, but
> > > Konqueror will still complain about missing plugin.  :-(
> > >
> > > "Cannot play media.You do not have the correct version of the flash
> > > player. Download the correct version"
> > >
> > > I went into settings and clicked on Scan for new Plugins, but no
> > > success.  Can you play this link with Konq?

Flash sometimes works with konqueror, sometimes not. Youtube videos play,
and then just stop after a while.

> > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10371590.stm
> >
> > That page works just fine for me on 64-bit konqueror-4.4.4 with
> > adobe- flash-10.1.53.64 but I don't see any flash on it
>
> The picture next to the introductory paragraph is a flash video.

Sometmies I see an empty space, sometimes I see that black youtube
background with the white circles starting to circle around, then it
freezes. On one try I saw the first frames of the video, then it stopped.

> > I have nsplugins installed and manually performed the nspluginwrapper
> >
> >  config actions to enable the 32-bit flash plugin
>
> Do I need to do that?  Won't Konq work with 64bit flash?

Current flash is 32bit only, Adobe did not release a 64bit version. I hope
it will come, but I doubt it.
The former flash version was working fine in all browsers, but it has HUGE
security problems, so better don't use it.

> I have reinstalled kde-base/nsplugins but Konqueror will still not
> play.

I had to add /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins , then the Scan button found the
plugins.

        Wonko