On 2010-07-02, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 02 July 2010 12:01:09 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
>> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> writes:

> Or, he could use a mailer that understands mailing lists, like kmail. There
> are others.
>
> Filter list mail into a folder, and tell the mailer it is for a list.
>
> Decide how you want to reply and press (the composer deals with it correctly):
>
> l - reply to list
> a - reply to all
> R - reply to original sender
> r - reply to whatever seems to be default reply address.
>
> So instead of blindly clicking reply and getting all upset about the
> outcome, just press one key and the mailer obeys YOUR intent.

His intent is to receive direct replies to his posts.  I don't see how
his choice of mail client has any impact on that.

> Problem solved.

Not really.  The OP's choice of mail client isn't going to change what
happens when people reply to his postings.  He wants "reply-to" to
contain his address as well as the list address so that he gets a
direct response and doesn't have to bother to check the mailing list
for replies.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Hey, wait
                                  at               a minute!!  I want a