On Saturday 03 July 2010 18:37:36 Mick wrote:
> > Sometimes I receive a personal email response to a message that I have
> > posted to the list.  This seems to happen because the person that kindly
> > responded has for some reason cc'd me in the reply.  If I try to reply to
> > it the post will not go to the list, but the person that emailed me.
> > Pressing 'l' in kmail just brings up an empty to field.  This seems to
> > happen only with some replies.  Will keep an eye out for it to see if it
> > is consistent.
>
> OK, just got this baby from Alan:
> From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>
> To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
> Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash stopped working after Firefox 3.6.3-
>
> >3.6.4 update.
>
> Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:37:53 +0200
> Cc: Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com>
>
> So, when I enter "l" the response is set directly to Alan, instead of
> Gentoo  Users M/L.
>
> Alan, any idea why this is so?  Do you intentionally copy me in your

Two things happened here on my end:

My kmail filters didn't kick in (kmail does that to me sometimes) so the mail
I replied to was in my inbox, not the gentoo-user folder where it should have
been. The list folder is the one that knows it contains a list not the inbox.

I was also dealing with a bunch of work mail as the same time and with those I
reply to all.

When I replied, I hit "A" without thinking and only saw it after I pressed
Ctrl-Enter to send. So my bad, my screw-up.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com