lmeida <val.gen...@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I have unmerged imagemagick from my system did a revdep-rebuild and
> emerge --depclean but continue to get this output
>
> -> equery depends imagemagick
> [ Searching for packages depending on imagemagick... ]
> gnome-extra/libgsf-1.14.15 (gnome? media-gfx/imagemagick)
> media-libs/gegl-0.0.22 (doc? media-gfx/imagemagick
>
> why are these packages still depending on imagemagick?

Do you have the gnome USE flag enabled for gnome-extra/libgsf or the
doc USE flag for media-libs/gegl? I guess not.
Equery depends does not give you the correct information. I guess it
just looks for imagemagick in the dependencies list but does not take
the USE flags into account.

Use emerge -pv --depclean media-gfx/imagemagick for correct information

--
Daniel Pielmeier