In check ing for updates today, I found the following:

- mail-client/nmh-1.3-r1 (masked by: package.mask)
/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
# Diego E. Pettenò <flamee...@gentoo.org> (24 Jun 2010)
#  on behalf of QA team
#
# Fails to build with Berkeley DB 5.0 (#319937); current
# stable fails to build with current stable glibc (bug
# #320645), last activity in both ebuild and upstream in 2008
# (and even then it wasn't from maintainers); uses $EDITOR
# and $PAGER at build-time (bug #294762, and slightly related
# bug #262150. One configure test becomes interactive if
# app-editors/elvis is installed (bug #323541). Multiple
# collisions.
#
# Feel free to pick this up and maintain it properly, but
# unless a new maintainer can be found, this package is
# slated for removal.
#
# Removal on 2010-08-23

This is  what I use for my mail reader -- with the emacs interface -- so
I am wondering what I can do once this happens -- I imagine I can keep
it installed, but it would not be a good situation.

thanks in advance  for any ideas.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici