Suddenly my multimedia keys stopped working, I think today.  I went into
gnome-keyboard-properties, and it shows that my keyboard model is set to
"Unknown".  For a long time it has always been set to "Evdev managed
keyboard" but that isn't even on the list anymore.  The keyboard
shortcuts preferences no longer recognize these keys when pressed.

I can't see anything that I upgraded recenlty that could have changed
this.  I did update gnome-applets to 2.30.0 today, but downgrading back
to 2.28 didn't bring the evdev model back.

Anyone else experience this or have a clue as to what could have
changed?