On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 00:04:08 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 July 2010 23:52:24 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:35:43 +0100, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> > > How can I prevent bash of blinking when running "ls -l" on a
> > > directory with broken links? The thing gets in the way, and it is
> > > really unbearable if a directory contains lots of broken links.
> >
> > Isn't that rather like fixing low oil pressure in your car by
> > disconnecting the warning light? What you want is possible, you
> > already have the answer, but maybe "emerge app-misc/symlinks" is a
> > better solution.
>
> He's moaning about the indiscriminate use of the <blink> tag.
>
> And quite rightly too. Stick it in one of your own personal web pages
> and watch everyone here eviscerate you for such a heinous crime against
> humanity.

Agreed, but when a directory "contains lots of broken links", maybe it's
better to fix the problem than the warning.

--
Neil Bothwick

Joystick: (n.) a device essential for performing business tasks and
training exercises esp. favored by pilots, tank commanders, riverboat
          gamblers, and medieval warlords.