On 2010-08-02 17:49, Bill Longman wrote:

> I just saw, this weekend in fact, that the newer Phenoms, in fact most
> of the recent K10 CPUs, do not work accurately with the atk0110 so when
> the driver starts to load, it flatly refuses. I have a 9750 Phenom and
> that one works great. Works fine in my X2 4000+. These are all assus
> [sic] mobos.  But my 940 Phenom II won't work, thusly:
>
> k10temp 0000:00:18.3: unreliable CPU thermal sensor; monitoring disabled

Isn't k10temp a different/separate module? If I go to lm-sensors site
(http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices) I see this:

"k10temp         PCI     2.6.33 or  standalone driver    (2009-12-06) Embedded
sensors are known to be unreliable on the DR-BA, DR-B2, DR-B3, RB-C2 and
HY-D0 revisions of the family 10h CPU, which will never be supported.
Driver contributed by Clemens Ladisch, reviewed by Jean Delvare."

So if you have one of those CPU revisions I guess you're out of luck?
The chipset on my main "rig" (Asus m/b) is running a Intel chipset... I
have only older AMD CPUs (Athlon X2 BE2400) with Gigabyte motherboards
which doesn't have the atk0110 so I'm unfortunately not much of help...

Best regards

Peter K