On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/09/2010 12:33 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

>  Now I find that not only
>> do the gdbm modules of python and perl reject my files, but so does a C
>> program that uses the distributed
>> libgdbm.
>>

> You didn't say how long ago the problem started, but looking at the
> files in sys-libs/gdbm I see nothing newer than March 20.  Is your
> problem newer than March 20?
>
> Have you tried running your test program with strace?

I hadn't done anything with that application in over a year, so I did not
have any way to narrow it down.
As it happens, I had a sudden rush of brains to the head and read the ewarn
message that comes out
when you compile gdbm, to the effect that 32-bit systems may have to
rebuild, etc, etc.

As I suspected, it was LFS-related.

Write it off as a case of RTFLog.

Now all I have to do is discover why an ewarn wasn't emailed to me -- I
thought I had that set up.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD