On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 09:03 +0800, Thomas Yao wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 5:46 AM, dan blum <dan_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am currently running xorg 1.7, which crashes very frequently. When I used
> > to run xorg 1.65 everything was running fine.  Can  anyone clue me in on
> > how to emerge an older version of the program.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Maybe you should have a look at the portage documentation carefully
> and understand it well before you dive into gentoo, it's really
> important:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=1
>
> Good luck

and consider going the other way - I am using 1.8.2 (xorg-server) which
is more stable for me than the 1.7 series.

However, some idea on what your system is may help - certain
combinations (xorg-server-1.7.x, inetl driver and tuxonice hibernate are
problematic, others are fine with certain workarounds.

Can you provide more info such as video card and what the crash is?  The
actual xorg version should be something like 7.4-r1 so I presume you
quoted xorg-server?

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <bi...@iinet.net.au>