On 08/13/2010 08:22 AM, Tamer Higazi wrote:
> As you told me I merged "lafilefixer" and ran lafilefixer --justfixit
>
> then I executed revdep-rebuild which wants to remerge a huge amout of
> packages who because "libpangocairo-1.0.so.0" was missing, or couldn't
> be linked at the end, revdep-rebuild wants to emerge a package called
> "eel" which is masked:
>
> !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "gnome-base/eel" have been masked.
> !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
> - gnome-base/eel-2.24.1 (masked by: package.mask)
> /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
> # Pacho Ramos <pa...@gentoo.org> (12 Jul 2010)
> # Masked for removal in 30 days.
> # No longer developed by upstream, fails with forced as-needed (bug #277169),
> # does not compile against gnome-desktop-2.30 (bug #311563).
>
> but I want to upgrade my system, and love to solve this Pango Cairo
> problem....
>
> if you have anymore ideas, I would thank you.

Do you know about the "-t" option for emerge? It shows you which package
is responsible for "pulling in" another package.

You might also want to try "euse -I cairo" which will tell you which
packages are affected by the cairo use flag.

Your "emerge --info" shows that you do have cairo turned on, but as Alan
states, you should show "emerge -pv pango" or "emerge -pv cairo" (or
whatever package you're trying to fix). Pango doesn't has a specific
"cairo" use flag so you may need to recompile pango's dependencies.

Basically, what you're trying to do is step back from the package that's
giving you the trouble, and compile the packages that your problematic
package needs to function. Obviously, this is a geometric expansion to
some extent, but revdep-rebuild is there to help you solve the puzzle.

Also, qdepends is really handy.