On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:06:18 +0300
Rumen Yotov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:

> Hi,
> In my previous post forgot to mention that the "freetype" library is
> slotted, usually you have two versions installed.
> On my system i have: media-libs/freetype-1.3.1-r4 &
> media-libs/freetype-2.1.9-r1 and FF depends on 'fontconfig' which in
> turn depends on: >=media-libs/freetype-2.1.4
> media-libs/freetype-2.1.9-r1 (second entry is my version).
> Usually when using "emerge category/package" it emerges the latest
> version (corrections accepted here) but could try re-emerging the
> minor version. The syntax here is: "emerge =category/package-version
> -v". Also search Bugzilla.
> HTH. Rumen

Hi Rumen;

I did not know I would have multiple versions on freetype on my system,
thanks for pointing that out.
I did:
emerge -v =media-libs/freetype-1.3.1-r4
and this seemed to work just fine, but the Firefox emerge still fails
with the same error message.
How do I find out which versions of a slotted program are installed?
Maybe it needs a version different from either of these??  Obviously I'm
grasping at thin air here, but I don't know what else to think at the
moment.
Thanks for you assistance, I'm most appreciative.
Skippy

--
On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
The Cynical Libertarian Society:  http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls